It has been a month since I wrote last. Alot has happened!
Calinia asked me about a month ago to take up crocheting with her, so I did. It's been nice sitting with her talking and making something. I have made 6 scarves 4 benie's and two baby blankets. Talk about being useful with my time!
The family had a good time for Thanksgiving - we gathered at Annie and LaBaron's house in Hemet. We then were blessed to eat again with the LeComtes.
I love this time of year - I love to see the tree's changing (yes, even in California)! The air is cooler and smells fresher. I love looking out our dining room window to see all the mountains and soon they will be filled with snow.
This is the time of year I am reminded of all those I love and am thankful for. It has been a challenging year for us, I know that alot of people could say the same for their situation.
We have had some awesome times as well. We celebrated the 50th Anniversary for my parents, and gathered together to see two beautiful niece's get married. We have had our share of sadness with the news of Joan and her Alzheimer's. It saddens our hearts to be so far away from his family. I know that Peter's heart is longing to be there to help.
As of yesterday, I have joined the thousands of people who are unemployed. I knew by the economy it was only a matter of time. I can't say I am not without a little bit of fear because of the unknown. I am encouraged by the confidence I have in GOD who is our provider. We know that another opportunity is right around the corner. We are reminded of how faithful HE is, and has been in the past. Knowing this only comforts our spirit. We have set our sights on things above, and this to will pass.
Mike has been feeling better even with all the chemotherapy he has undergone. He has lost alot of weight, and big changes will be happening with them first of the year. GOD has moved in awesome ways, such as some credit card companies forgiving their debt. Villa is applying to the state for a position for hospice care. Which means that if she gets it she can take care of Mike, and get paid for doing it. Praise GOD!
Villa said something to me on Thanksgiving which I had to think about. "Live life as if it were your last day". I have to ask myself if this were the case would I live for myself or give of myself to other's. My thought would be to want to leave an imprint on the heart of someone whom I do not know but to give out of my own need. To leave something behind not materialistic, but real in the heart of the receiver. So I ask how would you live your life as if it were your last?
No comments:
Post a Comment