Saturday, June 27, 2009

KEEPING IT REAL - One week living in downtown Los Angeles...

I do realize that it has been awhile since I have written. I also realize that I didn't even finish my blog on the day I wrote last. I will up date that after I write this one.

It is officially one week as of today that we have been living here in Los Angeles. Can I tell you that it has taken a whole seven days to re-coup from moving.

So this is what happened two days before our move...

I am thinking I am ready to move... I know I am packed in every room except ours. When Friday rolled around my sister's Annie and Villa came to help me pack. We started slowly with each of the rooms to make sure I did not forget anything. Calinia's was packed and room cleaned. The second bathroom was also packed up and cleaned. Around 11:00 am Alison & Brett came to help soon to be followed by Ray, Valerie & Ron. At this time I realize that Peter wanted all the boxes to be loaded into the moving van, our room was not even close to being packed. So with that Peter broke down the surround sound system in the family room, and the sauna in our room. While Valerie, Annie helped me pack mine and Peters stuff. Villa packed our bathroom, cleaned it and followed up by cleaning the family room with Calinia's help. Then my sister's proceeded to help pack my miscellaneous stuff which seem to be everywhere. Valerie helped pack my computer and Uncle Peter's closet. In the mean time, Peter and the boys proceed to pack the furniture only to realize half way through all this, the truck was to small. We mis-calculated the amount of space due to the ad that U-haul shows regarding their trucks. Peter than informs me that we will need a second truck to take to LA. I was going to drive a 14 foot truck loaded with our stuff into downtown LA! I was not pleased with this information but knew it had to be done. Friday seemed like a blurr and it did not help because I couldn't sleep knowing I was going to have to drive this big truck.

Saturday Morning we were up, my sister's came with Mike (who by the way - Praise GOD) is adding weight on due to the new chemotherapy he is undergoing. We did the last and final packing and cleaning before we headed out around 9:00 am. I had Calinia, Mini Cooper, and Enzo Farrai in the truck with me. I followed my sister who also had her pick up truck filled with more boxes. As we were getting closer to our exit, she missed it and I followed her due to the fact that I did not want to get separated from her. Long story short we ended up on the outskirts of Long Beach, in a not so great neighborhood. I started to get a bit anxious and then Calinia and I noticed that the main street was Olympic Blvd which is the main street to our apartment. We had my sister follow us from this point because we had a better idea where we were. Peter and Mike followed about an hour behind, we just started to unload, we were moving so fast because we had two return the two trucks before 5:00. We did not want to leave them over night, first because it could get broken into and second the cost to park it. We just kept moving and Mike really worked hard to help, Villa did as well. Peter and I were impressed because Calinia stepped it up, she just started unloading all the boxes and stuff from the back of the truck, while the rest of them put it on the loading dock. A funny thing did happen while all this pressure was on, I got off the elevator on the wrong floor with a sofa and a couple of other things, I didn't even notice it, I could not get back on the elevator due to not having a key, so I waited and waited, it was 20 minutes later when the elevator open up and I saw Peter and Mike, they were looking for me! Crazy!!!! We finished about 4:30 pm and returned both trucks and were back into the apartment by 5:00. It was a total GOD move, it looked hopeless when we started but we finished off well. Peter had to go back with Annie in order to bring our car back from Temecula. So Calinia and I spent the first night in the apartment.

Peter spent Sunday at Ray and Valerie's. They were doing a lunch for all the dad's for Father's day. He did not get home until 7:00 pm. I know he was exhausted, we all were.

No comments: