Ok, I woke up this morning and step out of the house to go to work, only to be hit with the air, the temperature, the slight breeze and the trees rustling, I could of closed my eyes and believed it was the beginning of Fall. It was a strange feeling, since we are still in the month of August.
In California it seems to be the hottest month of the year, and yet it was cool today. Since Calinia’s school started on the 12th of this month, it definitely shortend our summer. Although Peter and I worked through most of it, Calinia did quite a bit with different friends, and this was her first summer working.
I don’t know how most families fared this summer due to a lot of layoffs at work and just in the industry as a whole, but we were on a tight budget. What saved it, was spending time with family and friends during the holidays, and with Calinia applying for early admissions with FIDM it filled up those extra days. Could it be that when we blink time really does speed up?
No comments:
Post a Comment