Well, the day started off somewhat slow because it was Friday and I try ( I said try) to sleep in on my day off. That is if I am not interrupted by Calinia asking me to do something for her, and Mini Cooper jumping on the bed barking at me for attention. Then I ask myself if I am going to waste away this day? So then I feel the need to get up! So I do and feel glad that I did.
Peter and I realized we had the whole day to ourselves since Calinia was staying at school the whole day into the evening because she was helping with the “Tailgate Party” the school was hosting to boost the football season. We then decided to celebrate our 24th Anniversary which is on the 30th of this month but we both work.
Our thoughts were something simple but nice. So we headed to Old Town and had lunch at Bailey’s CafĂ© which was pleasant. Our lunch was full of good conversation and the reality that we have survived all the up’s and down’s and that we would survive another challenge with the LORD’s help.
We walked around Old Town looked into all the little shops and to see all the new adding on of “a city life” but in a small town which make Temecula’s Old Town different. We ended up eating dinner at Applebee’s and rented a movie and had a nice evening together. Peter gave me a Digital photo album which I have wanted for a long time, so that we can enjoy photo’s all year long. Calinia came home around 11:30 p.m. so exhausted from helping set up and tear down this evening but had fun.
Saturday, I went to work until 2:00 p.m. nothing going on at work. Calinia and Alexa went to Alexa’s aunt’s baby shower. They spent the whole afternoon there and enjoyed themselves. Then they came home and needed to get ready to go to Alexa’s homecoming dance. The girls went to dinner with some friends and then we picked them up to go to the dance. The dance finished at 11:00 p.m. and they danced the whole night and came home even more exhausted. They went to bed around 1:00 am.
We were up by 6:00 a.m. to get ready to go to Coronado Island to see the Vintage Race’s. We left town around 7:30 and were there by 9:00. We met Dan McCormick there and ran into Bill Stump who brought his son. The girls did there own thing as we did ours. We enjoyed ourselves. It was a bit overcast and cold the whole day. Around 3:00 we found out that our car battery died. So thank goodness for AAA who sent someone out to jump start the car, it changed our plans a bit because we wanted to go to the Village Pizzeria for dinner and we couldn’t. So we reached town dropped of the car and took the other car and went to dinner. It is Peter’s birthday today! Over all he said he had a nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment