Thursday, September 25, 2008

KEEPING IT REAL- What's with the fake eye lashes?

So this past week has been a strange but funny one. It started with Calinia purchasing fake eye lashes on Saturday. (do you remember using them?)

Sunday they were easy for me to put on her and the even looked real. Monday was the same and they looked fine when she walked out the door. I get this text message by ll:00 am from Calinia telling me that she put her head down on the desk and closed her eyes for just a few minutes only to awake with them crooked but still on. Her friend Jake looks at her and asked if she realized what was happening with her lashes, she giggles and tell him thanks for the update. Then her text tells me that she has to look for a girl that she knows who wears fake nails, fake hair extentions and yea fake eye lashes! I get a text 10 minutes later telling me all is well with her lashes, and they are looking good.

Wednesday morning I was not moving fast and Calinia decided that she was going to put them on herself. All I remember hearing were sounds coming from the bathroom. I guess she wasn’t doing very well with them because I then hear a stressful “mom”. I go in and she had the pair all messed up. We then proceed to put the new ones on which we had to trim because they were slightly longer in width. So I cut a tad off and we put them on. They look fine except Calinia’s thought “is that they a little to long.” I looked at her asking why we didn’t trim them before we put them on? So I have this bright idea to cut them while she’s wearing them. I was only going to cut a little off, I told her not to blink while I was doing this, does she listen? The next thing I know I cut a little chuck of it right in the middle of the lash!!! She panics and starts to laugh and so then I proceed to try and even them out, only to have one eyes shorter than the other, then when we tried to trim the other side, we were laughing even harder. The laughter turned to frustration as she rip them off her eyes. I let her know that I was not going to do this again, and if she bought them she was going to have to put them on herself.

I had to remind her that she has long lashes why go through all this? Her response was it is something new to try!!! Go figure.

No comments: