Calinia: “I heard it thru the grapevine, that on Saturday that they are celebrating Lana’s birthday”
Us: “where did you hear that”
Calinia: “Crystal”
Us: “Huh, she’s in Seattle, WA.”
Calinia : “I know, that’s what I heard, are we going”
Us: “Did we get invited?”
So this morning, at work I call my sister Annie to find out what the deal is. (I am laughing as I write this.) She informs me that Villa (our sister) knew before she did, we laughed because Annie is Grandma to Lana and is the last to know about her grand-daughters birthday party. How funny is that?
The story goes like this, the email was sent out about 10:30 p.m. last night. It is a last minute plan but the request is that Valerie and Ray would love the family to be there. Are you kidding miss out on this baby girls first birthday party! Now because it was a last minute plan: I have to be strategic about what I have to do. I have an appointment at 2:00 p.m. I’m hoping we can final by 4:00 or I’ll have to rush them out the door. Calinia has dance at 5:00 and her best friends birthday dinner/movie is at 6:30 p.m. I am sure I can go in between all the rushing around. Peter already said that if he doesn’t work on Saturday he’s going without me. What‘s that about? I want to go.
Final note, I do realize that Valerie and Ray’s work week changes from week to week, and to even begin to plan anything would only have to be a spontaneous event. So I do understand how it is. I think that is how all of our family get togethers have always been.
I just thought of something else, have to share. When we saw Jeni Tsu one weeks ago, she was SHOCKED to find out that Joshua was married about nine months ago and here she is just finding out. Is that crazy or what?
So, don’t get your feelings hurt if you think you’re the last to know, because your not.
No comments:
Post a Comment