Ok, this morning I realized that it was Tuesday, and I have Bible studies tonight. I still have a weeks worth of homework to do. So I ask myself "where did the day go?". It seems like the days turn into weeks, then into months, then the next thing you know, a whole year has passed!!! What just happened?
I already get up at 5:30 am to excercise, read a chapter in my Bible for a positive day. I am at work by 8:30 am, 9:00 am if I want breakfast. I leave work by 4:30/5:00 pm and if I am fortunate I won't have alot of little errands to do after work. I try to limit going out at night, as I can only handle two nights, three is pushing it. I hurry home change into my comfortable pajamas, try to make a quick dinner if I feel like it, try to relax before it's bedtime, it doesn't even seem like I sleep. Then I start this all over again, four more days just like this one!!! On my two days off I am cleaning house, doing laundry, going grocery shopping. I ask myself can I skip one of these task and if I do what will happen. Sound familiar? I even have a couple of girlfriends who have 2 to 3 kids and they have sport activities to go to on top of this already busy schedule!!! Hello, is it any wonder why we feel our days go by so fast.
Peter and Calinia also have such a busy schedule that we feel it's like a hit and miss with regards to seeing each other. We do make it a priority to have at least a movie night together, just being in the same room with one another makes us feel good.
By the end of the night, we always give thanks in prayer that we are all home safely. At the end of the week I am so tired, but I am reminded that GOD's grace is sufficient (2 Cor. 12:9)
So is this how are days are spent? I wonder if we made an effort to venture outside our schedule to deepen our relationship's with loved ones, would that make the day more meaningful. I think that would be the case. So what if the laundry doesn't get done, go spend some time visiting your parents, it'll make them feel good, and you'll be surprise at how good you feel. So what if the house isn't spotless, spend some time playing a game with the kids.
I'm finding that doing the same mundane things over and over again, makes me miss out on the important things in this life. If I took my own advise, maybe then I wouldn't have to ask "where did the day go".
No comments:
Post a Comment