Wednesday, March 19, 2008

KEEPING IT REAL - College?

Today is going to be a big day for Calinia and 16 of her classmates. Calvary is on Easter vacation, and for the next two days, these students will be visiting 3 College Campus's today, they will stay overnight in Orange County, and visit 3 campus's tomorrow. It is hard to believe that we are in search of a College. Calinia will be a Senior next year, so now is the time to start looking.

It really seems like a short time ago, that I was watching her learn to walk, learn to read, learn to spell, and in the next two weeks we will be teaching her how to drive! I know that some of my friends have kids already past this stage, and are reflecting on how they felt. I have some friends who aren't even there yet, so it will be something to look forward to, in regards to adjusting to the very thought "that our kids are growing up.

I am enjoying Calinia, as a teenager. Yes, she has her moments and so do we but overall our daughter is an awesome person to know. I try to let her know this very thought, for I know it is important for her to understand that she is special.

Right now, I am adjusting one day at a time in preparation that one day our daughter will be on her own, (not alone, but on her own). The comfort I have is knowing that GOD is watching over her, and I know she realizes this as well.

Everyday, I try and remind her that change is good, embrace it and enjoy it.

No comments: